THE MISSION of InfAct is to build a stronger EU health information system infrastructure and strengthen its core elements.
THE VISION of InfAct is to improve the use of health information data and expertise for a healthier Europe.
THE GOAL of InfAct is to strengthen national and EU health information systems by:
1. Establishing a sustainable research infrastructure to support population health and health system performance assessment,
2. Strengthening European health information and knowledge bases, as well as health information research capacities to reduce health information inequalities,
3. Supporting health information interoperability and innovative health information tools and data sources.
THE CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK
InfAct is built upon 10 Work Packages (WPs) to achieve its mission and goals, by focusing on the:
- Development of the business case and roadmap for implementation of the HIREP-ERIC (ERIC on Health Information for Research and Evidence-based Policy) (WP7), including governance structures and national health information consortia and domain specific health information research networks,
- A holistic health information system to better understand the dynamics of population health, the performance of the health systems, and the interaction and impact of health on societal aspects such as social and economic development,
- Assessment of health information systems in Member States (MSs) and regions through peer review by MSs (WP5),
- Priority setting in health information development (WP5),
- Development of a roadmap for training in health information of professionals working in health information with the objective to tackle health information inequalities withing MSs and throughout Europe (WP6),
- Methods for implementation of high standard health information instruments, tools and methodologies (WP8),
- Strengthening the efficiency of the health information system for public health policy and research through new ways of using health and non-health data sources, and composite health indicators (WP9), and through use of new technologies in health information (WP10),
- The introduction of the interoperability of health data instruments and sources (WP10),
- The translation of health information into public health policy (WP4),
- Mutual learning of MSs through exchange of best practices (WP 5-10).
This is supported by the WPs responsible for coordination (WP1), dissemination (WP2) and evaluation (WP3).
The activities of the WPs can be arranged under 3 main pillars:
1. Political support (WP4 and WP7),
2. Capacity building (WP5 and WP6),
3. Health information tools (WP8, WP9, and WP10).
Finally, the outputs of InfAct can be summarised as:
1. Achieving a sustainable research infrastructure,
2. Reducing health information inequalities,
3. Developing innovative tools and better interoperability for health information.